Bellarmine Jesuit Retreat House
Many of us who have on a retreat at Bellarmine have experienced God's grace and many of us have had a conversion story at some point in our lives. Our stories may just not be as dramatic as a cannonball hitting us, but hopefully, we have all been drawn closer to Christ and have received many graces by the work of St. Ignatius, his Spiritual Exercises, and the Jesuits.
The Bellarmine Jesuit Retreat House will be celebrating this anniversary throughout the coming year until The Feast of St. Ignatius on July 31, 2022. More details of how we will celebrate throughout the year are to come. Below are a few ways you can start participating in to celebrate the Ignatian Year:
- Join us for a retreat during the Ignatian Year. Our program guide for the upcoming retreat season will be coming to your mailbox and our website in about a month. In the meantime, we do have a few spots left for summer retreats, including a day program sharing in the gift of Native American Spirituality: generosity, community, and the harmony between God and nature, on the Feast Day of The First Native American Saint, St Kateri on July 14th.
- Consider telling your “Cannonball story” in a video or email. Worldwide Jesuits are gathering a wide range of videos and stories of people who are willing to share how the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius have impacted their lives and those around them. Many of you have shared your stories already with us. If you have not already, you can read some of the life-changing stories on our website. If you have a story that you’d like to share with us, you can submit stories to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can watch one such “cannonball” video here, and post your own and share online with the hashtag #Ignatius500.
- Participate in the Pilgrim stories program run by the USA and Canadian Jesuits. If you are an inspiring writer, you may want to engage in some imaginative prayer and write a story from the perspective of someone in St. Ignatius’s life.
- Watch a video from Fr. General, which expresses the opportunity of the Ignatian Year.
- Consider joining a live global video prayer event on May 23rd at 7 PM central time. More details are located here.
- Try praying a different form of the Examen. The USA and Canadian Jesuits have written and compiled various forms of the Examen to help with different needs you may have in your prayer life.
- Support our mission -- either through our Capital Campaign to pay for our recently renovated Manor home, through Planned Giving, or a scholarship for others to experience Bellarmine and the Spiritual Exercises.
We are happy to enter your prayer requests into Bellarmine's book of prayer requests. We are always praying for you you and those closest to you.